Applications lab director opening CCAT
East Hartford, Conn. – The Connecticut Center for Advanced Technology, Inc. (CCAT) has a professional opening for the director of the Laser Applications Laboratory (LAL). Job responsibilities include overall leadership of the LAL and the development, proposal and execution of programs in collaboration with government, industry and academia.
East Hartford, Conn. – The Connecticut Center for Advanced Technology Inc. (CCAT) has a professional opening for the director of the Laser Applications Laboratory (LAL). Job responsibilities include overall leadership of the LAL and the development, proposal and execution of programs in collaboration with government, industry and academia.
The programs will be in the following areas of laser materials processing:
- Surface processing/coating removal/machining
- Additive manufacturing
- Process monitoring and control
- Selection and deployment of state-of-the-art laser systems
- Evaluation of next-generation lasers
- Support the CCAT administration in strategic planning for the self sustainment of CCAT and the LAL
- Work with other CCAT initiatives to establish joint programs
- Management of LAL team comprised of full and part time engineers, administrative staff, consultants, and periodic interns
- Participation in the development of the Connecticut Optics and Photonics Association (CTOPA)
- Collaboration with regional universities and colleges in developing curriculum supporting the application of lasers
- Knowledge of manufacturing technology and readiness levels a plus (MRL and TRL)
Due to the significant amount of aerospace activity, candidates must meet military clearance and ITAR citizenship requirements.
Job requirements include:
- Demonstrated ability to communicate well in writing and speaking
- Proven ability to meet deadlines
- Excellent time management skills and organizational skills
- Self starter and have excellent work ethic with exceptional drive and motivation
- Strong interpersonal and management skill.
Education & Experience: Master’s or Doctoral degree in a relevant scientific or engineering field; and at least 7 years of activity in laser applications
Reports to: president and CEO
Travel: Significant travel within the state and some travel on national and international level.
CCAT is an equal opportunity employer, M/F/D/V. CCAT is a non-stock, tax-exempt corporation incorporated in May 2004 and is funded under federal and state sponsored grants to address military and civilian industrial manufacturing needs; promote energy planning and policy initiatives; stimulate innovation; and enhance workforce development issues concerning technology competitiveness.
All applicants should direct résumés, cover letters, and any other submissions to Human Resources Director, Nancy Mickiewicz at firstname.lastname@example.org.