iC-Haus GmbH, Bodenheim, Germany, has released its iC212 optical receiver that operates throughout a wide input frequency range of DC up to 1.4 GHz and has a wide spectral range. It is suited for measurements of fast laser diode pulses.
The spectral sensitivity ranges from the near ultra violet at 320 nm up to the infrared spectrum at 1000 nm. The active sensor area of the Si-PIN photo diode with lens measures 0.75 mm2. This results in a gain of 1.625 V/mW at a wavelength = 760 nm. Thus, optical power in the sub-mW range can be detected. DC levels at the input can be compensated by means of an offset trimming feature.
The iC212 qualifies in particular for:
- Rise and fall time measurements of laser beams
- Optical power measurements
- Time-of-flight measurements
- Measurements in fibre transmission networks
- Quality control in laser module production.