LME 2016 Preview: Event to showcase know-how on integrating lasers into manufacturing
The Laser Institute of America is set to kick off this year's Lasers for Manufacturing Event (LME) on April 26-27, 2016.
The Laser Institute of America (LIA; Orlando, FL) is set to kick off this year's Lasers for Manufacturing Event (LME) on April 26-27, 2016, which will take place at the Cobb Galleria Centre in Atlanta, GA.
Now in its fifth year, LME targets companies looking to integrate laser technology into their manufacturing processes, and attendees will see the latest advances in this technology. There, they can also network with elite members of the laser industry, discover solutions to both current and future manufacturing needs, and gain a better understanding of laser basics in free education sessions.
To open the event on April 26th, Industrial Laser Solutions editor-in-chief David Belforte will give a keynote speech in which he will provide an overview of the global industrial laser market and several different types of lasers' roles. His market outlook will define trends and showcase opportunities for the future of lasers in manufacturing. On that same note, LIA's Lasers for Manufacturing Summit (LMS) tailored for C-level executives, which is held in conjunction with LME and will take place one day prior (April 25th), will continue its tradition of providing a unique experience for those interested in expanding their understanding of lasers in the manufacturing marketplace. Belforte will be attending LMS as well, and is happy to meet with attendees while there—register at www.lia.org/conferences/laserevent/summit.
Shifting back to LME's offerings, this year's event will feature a Laser Technology Tour guided by industry experts who will take attendees around the exhibit floor and introduce them to the numerous companies present while explaining the latest technology showcased. This aims to help attendees find companies with solutions to their manufacturing challenges while introducing them to experts who can answer their questions. To sign up, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org after completing LME registration.
Attendees walking the exhibit floor will have access to 60+ exhibitors' booths, and the following list represents a small selection of these exhibitors' laser manufacturing products that will be showcased. (Exhibitor booth numbers and their contact information are included with each company and product listed below by visiting the individual links.)
- Aerotech to show positioning stages
- Coherent to showcase multi-kilowatt fiber laser
- Gentec-EO to display laser power meter
- Iradion Laser to showcase 30W carbon-dioxide laser
- Jenoptik to show 16W femtosecond laser
- KKT chillers to display chillers for industrial applications
- Laserline to display fiber-coupled, high-power diode lasers
- Laser Mech to showcase welding head
- Ophir-Spiricon to showcase noncontact beam monitoring system
- Precitec to showcase laser cutting head
- Prima Power Laserdyne to present laser material processing control features
- SPI Lasers to show 4kW fiber laser
- Synrad to display pulsed laser series for materials processing needs
- TRUMPF to showcase laser for marking
There's still time to register for LME—to do so, please visit www.lia.org/conferences/laserevent.