Munich, Germany - LASER World of Photonics 2015, which will take place June 22–25 in Munich, will be the meeting place for the international photonics industry, with more than 1180 exhibitors and 27,000 visitors expected. The supporting program will reflect current industry trends and provide an opportunity for technical dialogue. With its eight conferences and approximately 2700 lectures, the World of Photonics Congress is one of the most important scientific platforms in the world.
LASER World of Photonics and the World of Photonics Congress will open on June 22nd at 9 a.m. in the International Congress Center Munich (ICM) under the motto "Light Solutions for the Society Challenges of our World."
For the first time, LASER World of Photonics will be offering a dedicated marketplace for young up-and-coming companies. There will be a new STARTUP World exhibition space, where start-up companies can present their products to a wide industrial audience and get in touch with potential investors.
The new Photonics Applications in Automotive Sector special show will showcase the most diverse photonics application areas in automotive manufacturing. For example, there will be a BMW i8 on display—the first vehicle to feature the all-new laser light technology.
The Photons in Production special show will highlight laser application areas in industrial production under the banner "Next Generation." Key areas of the live demonstration are:
- Laser live demonstration: process acceleration by innovative system technology
- Laser welding: using adapted intensity distribution
- Metal-plastic composites: laser-based joining of laser-structured metals and thermoplastics
- Joining lithium-ion cells: laser welding in battery production
- Laser safety: testing laser material-processing systems
- Additive manufacturing: using laser melting to manufacture components
- Small and nice: laser micro-material processing
- Two become one: laser beam joining of dissimilar materials
The 3D Printing – Additive Manufacturing special show will focus on the production chain from digital data to customized or complex components. This is where trade visitors can find out about the advantages of 3D printing for the design and production of bespoke components.
The World of Photonics Congress is once again using practical lectures as a vehicle for integrating application-oriented lecture series into its program, bridging the gap between theory and practice:
- Advanced Applications of Ultrashort Pulsed Laser Systems (Monday, June 22nd, 2:40–5 p.m.)
- 3D-Printing: Laser-Based Additive Manufacturing for Production of Metal Parts (Tuesday, June 23rd, 10 a.m.–12:20 p.m.)
- Pico- and Femtosecond Lasers—Status and Prospects (Tuesday, June 23rd, 2–5 p.m.)
- Ultrafast Laser Beam Deflection and Transportation (Tuesday, June 23rd, 2:40–5 p.m.)
- CW (and Long-Pulse) Diode-Pumped Solid State Lasers and Fiber Lasers—Status and Prospects (Wednesday, June 24th, 10 a.m.–12:20 p.m.)
- Lasers in Microelectronics: The Smart World Approaching (Wednesday, June 24th, 10 a.m.–12:20 p.m.)
- High-Power Diode Lasers: Edge Emitters and Vertical Emitters—Status and Prospects (Wednesday, June 24th, 2:40–5 p.m.)
- Increased Automotive Efficiency Enabled by Laser Technology (Wednesday, June 24th, 2:40–5 p.m.)
- Laser Processing of Glass (Thursday, June 25th, 10 a.m.–12:20 p.m.)
Co-organized with Optech Consulting, LASER World of Photonics 2015 is staging the 12th International Laser Marketplace. The seminar on markets and trends in Laser Materials Processing will take place on Wednesday, June 24th, from 1–5 p.m. in the conference room of Press Center West, and address executives in the laser industry. Worldwide leading experts will discuss international markets and market trends, as well as new applications and technologies.
For more information, please visit www.world-of-photonics.com/index-2.html.