Metal additive manufacturing services provider Sintavia (Davie, FL), which offers solutions for the aerospace, defense, and other critical industries, has acquired a Concept Laser (Grapevine, TX) M2 cusing 3 monitoring process system with QM Meltpool 3D. This will offer position-related real-time monitoring and 3D visualization for easy analysis.
With the new system, Sintavia will add valuable metal additive manufacturing capacity to its 10,000-sq-ft. facility. The $12 million-plus investment in manufacturing technologies since the beginning of 2015 has enabled the company to offer a true end-to-end services portfolio that includes design, production, and evaluation. Now, its in-house technical capabilities will include:
- A metallurgical lab for powder analysis, alloy development, and material characterization assessment;
- Part manufacturing either additively on the Concept Laser M2 cusing system or with traditional manufacturing on their 3-axis CNC mill—QM Meltpool 3D will play an integral role in monitoring how a part is produced and if it meets a customer's specifications;
- Fatigue testing and optical emission spectrometer (OES) hardness measurement;
- Hot isostatic pressing (HIP) machine and vacuum heat furnace with rapid quenching; and
- Computed tomography (CT) scanning to correlate data from the meltpool monitoring.
"Adding Concept Laser's technology to our existing portfolio enhances our ability to offer customers meaningful data about how their metal componentry is being built. Along with data produced from the in-house CT scanner, we will be able to offer multiple ways to measure critical data and be an even better parameter developer—and ultimately serial manufacturer—to our customers," says Doug Hedges, president of Sintavia.
For more information, please visit www.sintavia.com and www.conceptlaserinc.com.