Joint venture of Delaco Steel and ArcelorMittal to operate two laser welding plants

Dearborn, Mich. – Delaco Steel Corp. has formed a joint venture with a subsidiary of Luxemberg-based steelmaker ArcelorMittal S.A to operate two laser welding plants that primarily serve the automotive industry, according to press reports.

The joint venture will be called Delaco AMTB and will be a Minority Business Enterprise. The laser welding plants are in Dearborn and Tonawanda, N.Y. Delaco Steel is part of the Dearborn-based Diez Group, owned by Gerald Diez.

ArcelorMittal's subsidiary ArcelorMittal Tailored Blanks Americas Corp. will own 49 percent of Delaco AMTB and Delaco will retain the other 51 percent. Terms of the deal were not disclosed.

Get All the Industrial Laser Solutions News Delivered to Your Inbox

Subscribe to Industrial Laser Solutions Magazine or email newsletter today at no cost and receive the latest news and information.

 Subscribe Now

Follow us at Join us on

Twitter - Industrial Laser Solutions

See Article Archive

View Industrial Laser Solutions past articles.

Copyright © 2007-2016. PennWell Corporation, Tulsa, OK. All Rights Reserved.PRIVACY POLICY | TERMS AND CONDITIONS